However, the sooner you start exercising will help you to prevent more problems. People who do not exercise can lose between 3 and 5% of muscle mass per decade from the age of 30 and by age of 65 they will have lost up to 80% of muscle strength. This makes them less independent than a person who have been active throughout their lives.
To have a healthy aging it is necessary to do some physical activity. Among the health benefits
of exercising we find:
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Prevents brain wear that leads to memory loss.
- Improves concentration and processing of information.
- Reduces the chances of vascular dementia.
- Exercising is therapeutic, it can be as effective as medications to control anxiety.
- Supports the production of endorphins that make you feel better.
- It contributes to regulate the hours of sleep.
- It helps improve mood thanks to the endorphin secretion.
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- It helps women reduce premenstrual syndrome.
- And more and more benefits!When you start exercising at any age, you need a program that suits your own needs. At MedStrength our experienced physiotherapists and exercise instructors provide the theory and practical instruction you require to strength train safely and effectively. Age is no barrier!